VIDEO SERIES: "Your Twelve Mystical Powers"
Series Length: 6 Weekly Videos + Optional Kick-Off Event Resources
Featuring: Mendhi Audlin with Special Guest Rev. Steve Bolen. Music by Robin Hackett
"Your Twelve Mystical Powers" offers a fun and practical approach to discovering your innate spiritual faculties. Based on the book, "The Twelve Powers" by Charles Fillmore and the companion book, "Christ Enthroned in Man" by Cora Fillmore, this series walks you through each of the "Twelve Powers," each representing a divine quality that can be called upon and developed as part of our spiritual growth and development.
This Series Features:
- Videos and leader guides for each lesson.
- An introduction to each lesson to make sure you are prepared and "prayed up"!
- Integrated "Check-In" time for the group incorporated into each video.
- A musical introduction and "tone set" by guest musician, Robin Hackett.
- A 20-minute interview led by Mendhi Audlin with special guest, Rev. Steve Bolen, Senior Minister of Unity of the Hills in Austin, Texas.
- A place to pause for group discussion. The downloadable discussion guide contains discussion questions, an affirmation for the week, and references to scriptures used in each session.
- A weekly closing prayer led by Rev. Steve Bolen designed to activate each week's powers in your small group participants.
- A participant handout for each week to practice seeing each of the Twelve Powers at work in the world around them.
- A "preview video" with Mendhi Audlin and Rev. Steve Bolen for your leaders to play at their (optional) kick-off gathering. This is a short video designed to set the tone for the series and build anticipation for the first full video session. (Good for series that run longer than 6 weeks...)
- Important Note: While there are 6 videos in this series, we often suggest beginning with an introductory kick-off gathering that gives participants a chance to connect, make agreements, assign group responsibilities, and learn more about what the series is all about. You may also decide to build in an additional week or two for a group service project and/or social event.
Recommended Supplemental Reading
The Twelve Powers By Charles Fillmore. The Twelve Powers combines two popular Unity books: The Twelve Powers of Man by Charles Fillmore and a companion piece, Christ Enthroned in Man by Cora Dedrick Fillmore. When Charles Fillmore studied the life, teachings, death, and Resurrection of Jesus, he discovered twelve powers that, when developed, can lead to a life of unspeakable joy and glory. Fillmore wrote The Twelve Powers of Man to explain metaphysically these twelve human powers or faculties and the process of regeneration as taught by Jesus Christ.